So after half a year on sickleave for stress, I started working on my adventure game framework again 3 days ago, having as a goal to commit something that advances the project every day, no matter how small. You can see the commits here:
I started off with some minor bugs that annoyed me, and then started tying up some loose ends in the code, which I will continue doing the following week.
What needs to be tackled before adding more functionality:
make use of the global.capture_screen func everywhere
create global time of day transition func
Devaun´s dialogue should be different if you haven´t spoken to Ellie yet
Ellie´s response to receiving a rose should be scripted
Phone contacts UI should be populated by a contacts.json
on call input event should be handled in contact node, and phonecalls triggered via call_NAME.json script
Pick up a rose, that´s added to the inventory! No fancy animations from now, we can expand on this in the future.
Once all that´s done, which shouldn´t take more than a couple of days, or a week at most, it´s time to finish the test scenario.
Easy does it this time 🙂